I have long advocated for Community Management, believing that it is essential for any company—large or small—with people at its center. A Community Manager brings their heart and soul to work every day and is the first to respond in a crisis. They know a brand’s biggest fans and what makes them tick. They nurture and grow a community and ensure members’ continued loyalty.
I have spent my career building communities online. In my most recent role, I led a team of Community Managers to nurture and grow a combined user base of over 1.4 million members.
Some of my accomplishments include:
- Developed systems, processes, schedule and style for all communication to users.
- Leveraged data to identify trends and provide actionable insights to increase user retention.
- Increased community program engagement by 7%.
- Drove overall community growth of Smiley360.com from 90,000 to 800,000.
- Grew combined social audience for Smiley360.com from 21,000 to 220,000.
- Consolidated user feedback to drive development of website features.
- Established knowledge base with 70+ articles to drastically reduce support tickets.
- Initiated and developed relationships with key influencers.
- Achieved a 25% decrease in email unsubscribes.
- Launched community blog, achieving 22,000 MUVs.
- Ran over 100 Twitter events with hundreds of attendees and thousands of tweets per event.
Want to know more, or discuss community-related projects you’re working on? Get in touch!